A Columbia, Tennessee Photographer’s View
Thank you for stopping by the website. As you probably already know I live in Columbia, Tennessee and I am a photographer. So I thought I would take a few minutes and explain in writing why I am fascinated with photography in the Columbia, Tennessee area.
Columbia, Tennessee is located about one hour south of
Nashville, Tennessee and it is full of opportunities for photography.
Photography in Columbia, Tennessee:
Some of the things that I find appealing for photography in Columbia, Tennessee are listed below.
James K. Polk House
- U.S. President James K. Polk's only surviving home other than the White House. It is located at 301 West 7th St., Columbia, Tennessee. The so-called is somewhat of a special place to me I get one of my first portrait sessions there several years ago. The garden areas are great for creating an enchanting mood. I like shooting there in the afternoons the sun filters through the shaded properly and creates extraordinary light making it an ideal location for portrait photography.
- Elm Springs mansion Is a two-story, brick house built in 1837 in the Greek Revival style. It is located just outside of Columbia, Tennessee. Located just outside of the downtown Columbia, Tennessee area on 740 Mooresville Pike, Columbia, TN 38401. The property features rolling fields that create a very southern Tennessee feel.
- Antebellum homes in our area are very accessible. Someone last someone said that Murray County is the capital of antebellum homes. The antebellum homes in the Columbia, Tennessee area make for a great photography backdrop for wedding photography and fashion photography. They can also be a great location for senior portraits. If you are an architectural photographer you will find the antebellum homes in this area extremely interesting.
- We have a wide variety of parks in the area. I have always been fond of Muary County Park.
Muary County Park has a wide variety of vantage points that create a lot of possibilities for photography. You have fields and you also have three lines to work with. You have the top of the
offers scenic views overlooking the valley and you have the open fields that give you the luscious landscape view not to mention the red caboose that is great for family photos.
- We have several access points in the area to the Duck River that is always great for photography. You can access the river in the downtown area or in the county.
- We have an abundance of creeks and streams in the Columbia, Tennessee area that are awesome for photography. Just north of Columbia, Tennessee on Carters Creek Pike there are creeks lined with beautiful glazed rocks that make for an astonishing photography location.
Downtown Columbia, Tennessee
- The downtown location of Columbia, Tennessee offers a wide variety of opportunities for a photo shoot. If you position yourself appropriately with your photography shots you could make the final photo look like anyplace in the world. You could be an a large metropolitan area like Chicago our New York or a small village in Europe. Downtown Columbia has an early American colonial fee, with an urban metropolitan backdrops. With some planning and patients downtown, Columbia, Tennessee is an amazing photography location.
- Our community in the Columbia, Tennessee area is blessed to have a wide variety of farms with different looks and purposes. We have horse farms and cattle farms and farms for just growing hay or Christmas trees. The David Phelps Family Farm is a farm that I have some access to from time to time. It is a beautiful location and is also the location where my daughter wedding was. Every September for the past years I have been the photographer for the David Phelps Labor Day Barn Bash. The farm is not available to the public, the farm offers opportunities to inspire amazing photography.
- We also have a 100's of churches in the Columbia, Tennessee area. We have we have the very traditional churches to the very contemporary modern designs. To churches that I have recently shot photography in are Highland Park Baptist Church and Westminster Presbyterian Church. Both are very different in their design and how they look in the final photo.
Highland Park Baptist Church has a very 18th-century look. It looks like something out of of a movie scene that would have been found in England. The Westminster Presbyterian Church has a 1960 architectural design.
Reasons why I like doing Photography in Columbia, Tennessee:
Photography puts your mind in a state of appreciation you start to appreciate the roar around you because you are seeing might and shadows and the stories they tell.
When you start viewing the world through light and shadows a remarkable transformation takes place.
You begin to appreciate things for what they are and for what they can be.
When you begin to notice light, shapes and colors You are beginning to see the possibilities of photography. Everything around you looks full of opportunity’s.
Three advantages to seeing the world through light and shadows like a photographer.
1. You see the beauty and everyday life.
2. You start to see how you can share the shadow and lights with the important people in your life through photography.
3. You have a creative outlet that gives back to others and helps restore your personal energy.
Having a unique perspective can go further than just showing people how you see a scene.
Photography is a marvelous way to tell your story. Telling a story with images is a very rewarding and has endless opportunities to help others. Just ask yourself what story you want to tell, and photography can take you there.
Kenneth Purdom Photography